| || |
Update on Construction Schedule
Happy Fall, District 103!
This message provides an update concerning the upcoming construction schedule for our work to optimize current space and plan for space needs (a Vision 2020, strategic planning, goal).
After a community engagement process in 2015, the Board of Education approved moving forward with the next phase of facility improvement planning:
- Additions to Half Day School and Laura B. Sprague School, and
- Moving grade 5 from Daniel Wright Junior High to Half Day School.
The timeline for these facility improvements:
- Complete building additions and renovations, summer 2017;
- 5th grade attends Half Day School, beginning in the fall of 2017.
In support of the construction project at Sprague and Half Day Schools, following are the most recent updates:
- We are in the final review process with the architect, Wight & Co., and we expect the project to be open for bids in early October.
- The Board of Education plans to review the bids and supporting information at its Committee of the Whole on Tuesday, November 1, 2016.
- At its regular meeting on Tuesday, November 15, 2016, the Board of Education expects to approve the bids.
- We anticipate construction to begin in February 2017, without impacting classroom instruction at Sprague and Half Day Schools.
- The new school year will begin at the end of August 2017.
We will continue to provide additional updates throughout this process to keep our community informed. For a thorough review of Vision 2020 goals and progress, please see our reporting portal at www.d103.org/Vision2020progress.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to optimize student learning in District 103 through flexible, sustainable spaces that support 21st Century teaching and learning.
To provide innovative learning experiences which empower each student to excel and make a difference in a diverse and interconnected world.