- Pre-School Screening on 11/11/16 (pdf)
- Public Meeting on 5/13/16 (pdf)
- Pre-School Screening on 01/15/16 (pdf)
- Dr. Gina Finaldi approved as Director of Student Services for 2017-2018 (html)
- D103 & ELC - A Powerful Partnership, 11/17/15 (pdf)
- Early Childhood Program Information (html)
- Exceptional Learners Collaborative (html)
- SEDOL, 4/14/14 (pdf)
- SEDOL, 3/11/14 (pdf)
SEDOL, 1/13/14 (pdf)
The student services office administers the district's special education programs.
Special Education includes those instructional programs, related services, and specialized materials and equipment which are required to help children with exceptional learning characteristics benefit from their educational program.
The goals for children receiving special education are exactly the same as the goals for children in the regular program. However, because of the nature of their special needs, these children may require related services, different teaching methods, materials and equipment, and in some instances a special class or school.
We are required by state and federal law to provide an appropriate education for all children with special needs, ages 3 through 15, or until the student graduates. However, District 103 has special education programs and services because we believe that all children have a right to an education which meets their specific needs.
Children require special education when their educational performance is adversely affected by their exceptional learning characteristics. Eligibility for special education programs and services shall be determined by the presence of one or more of the following exceptional characteristics:
- Visual impairment
- Hearing impairment
- Physical or health impairment
- Speech and/or language impairment
- Specific learning disability
- Behavior disorder/emotional disorder
- Mental impairment
- Multiple impairment
- Developmental delay/disorder
For further information or to receive a brochure outlining provision of services and programs, parental involvement, Section 504, Americans with Disabilities Act, etc., please contact our Director of Student Services, Julie Postma, at (847) 295-4030, 8:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
For further information about Early Childhood programs in District 103, please visit our webpage at www.d103.org/earlychildhood. Contact Dr. Gina Finaldi with questions at (847) 295-4030 or email@example.com.
|1 - 3 of 3|
|1 - 3 of 3|