Girls on the Run (GOTR)
Girls on the Run (GOTR) is an extra-curricular activity for 3rd and 4th-grade girls.
- GOTR is a non-profit, national program that inspires girls to be healthy and confident by using a fun, experienced-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
- The lessons encourage positive emotional, social, mental and physical development.
- The District 103 PTO makes our participation in GOTR possible by funding the charter!
The program at Half Day School typically runs for 10-12 weeks. Girls must make a commitment to allot 2 days per week to the program.
- Sessions run after school on Mondays from 3:40 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and on Thursday mornings from 7:30 a.m. to 8:40 a.m.
- The season will begin on Monday, March 13, 2017, and it will conclude on Monday, June 5, 2017.
- For additional details on program dates and more, see our parent letter on the virtual backpack.
Registration for Spring 2017:
- The registration window opens on January 16, 2017, and it closes on February 27, 2017.
- The cost is $175 per girl for the season.
- Register online using the GOTR link at http://www.gotrchicago.org.
- Be sure to choose Half Day School as the site.
- With four trained coaches for the season, our site can accommodate up to 30 girls. These spots will be allocated through a lottery process, if needed. This system would only be necessary should we have more than 30 girls commit to the program.
- Please see our parent letter posted on the virtual backpack.
- Please feel free to contact the program coordinator, Tina Abrego (Kindergarten Interventionist at Sprague), should you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.