Summer School 2017 (Content updated 6/27/17)
News for District 103 Families
- Summer School Open House on July 3, 2017 (8:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.), at Caruso Middle School in Deerfield. Please provide your RSVP. See our e-mail message for more.
- District 103 families who registered a student for District 109 Summer School should have received an e-mail message from us on May 31, 2017.
- Please review the District 109 Summer School Letter of May 17, 2017, for important details.
- Families who registered their students for optional District 103 bus transportation can find routes/times in PowerSchool.
- Caruso Middle School is hosting an Open House for students to pick up their schedules and become familiar with the layout of the school: Monday, June 12, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Report student absences before 8:45 a.m.: D109 Summer School Nurse at (847) 945-8430, option 3.
Deerfield District 109 has graciously offered to open its summer school course offerings to our students, since construction is happening in our buildings this summer. We are very thankful to District 109 for allowing our students to participate in their summer school program. Sorry, registration closed on April 21, 2017.
Summer School General Information
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 (pending any snow days)
Friday, July 7, 2017
Monday - Friday
8:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Charles J. Caruso Middle School
DEADLINE EXTENDED, Register February 21 - April 21, 2017, on the Deerfield District 109 Summer School Website. See details below.
Deerfield District 109 offers two attendance options.
These options are necessary to ensure the safety and security of students at drop-off and pick-up; no exceptions will be made.
Summer School Registration & Payment Details (Online through Deerfield District 109)
- Registration begins on February 21, 2017, at 9:00 a.m.
- NEW! Registration extended to April 21, 2017, at midnight.
- NEW this year, registration and payment for District 103 students will be online through RevTrak with Deerfield District 109.
- Carefully read through the instructions, course descriptions (select classes for the grade your child will be in for the 2017-2018 school year, not his/her current grade), and the change/cancellation policies before beginning registration.
- Class sizes are limited, and registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Tuition for each summer school class is $105.00 per period. In some instances, additional material fees are required; these fees are built into the price of the class.
- A NEW and separate RevTrak account will need to be created when registering and paying for Deerfield District 109 Summer School classes. You will be prompted to set up the account during check-out. (You will not be able to use your District 103 RevTrak account for Summer School class registration.)
Transportation Option from District 103
- Transportation will be offered for District 103 students for a fee.
- Registration and online payment will begin February 21 through the District 103 RevTrak Webstore. Select the Summer School Transportation button to register and pay for bus transportation by Friday, April 21.
More Summer Programs
- Extended School Year (for specific students in District 103 who receive services through our special education programs) will be provided this summer at Daniel Wright.
- A special English Language Learner program will also be offered for eligible District 103 students this summer at Daniel Wright. For additional ELL Summer School information click here.
- More details about these limited programs for specific students will be communicated over the coming weeks.