New Student Registration Checklist
To easily verify residency, please use the Lake County Treasurer's Address Veriification system to prove residency. The Lake County Treasurer's office determines which government agencies receive a resident's property taxes.
Once you have determined your property resides within the District 103 boundaries, please provide the district with the following information.
Please bring the following documents to registration:
- Original certified child's birth certificate or passport
- Parent or Guardian photo identification
- Proof of Residency within District 103 boundaries.
Proof of Residency Documentation:
One Document from the following list is required for proof of residency:
- Real Estate Tax Bill
- Monthly Mortgage Statement
- Closing House Document
- Bill of Sale
- Warranty Deed
- Current and Valid Lease Agreement (including landlord's name and phone number)
Two documents from the following list are required to prove residency:
- Current Drivers License
- Vehicle Registration
- Current homeowners/renters insurance policy
- Most recent (within 45 days) gas, electric, water, or cable bill (no cell phone bills accepted)
- Receipt for Moving Van
Please Note the Following:
Lincolnshire-Prairie View School District 103 reserves the right to evaluate the evidence presented for proof of residency. Merely presenting the items listed in the procedure above does not guarantee enrollment.
Owning property in District 103 in which you do not reside does not make you a legal resident, and therefore does not qualify your child to attend school in District 103. The Illinois School Code mandates that you and your child reside in the attendance area on a permanent basis in order for your child to attend school in the district.
A person who knowingly enrolls or attempts to enroll in District 103 on a tuition-free basis a student known by that person to be a non-resident of the District is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor, except in very limited situations as defined in State law (105 ILCS 5/10-20. 12b(e)).
Parents who falsify their residence information for the purpose of obtaining tuition-free attendance for their children commit a criminal offense. Students will be un-enrolled and families will be subject to legal action, including recovery of tuition for attending the school.
Physical examination documents required prior to admittance:
- State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Exam
- State of Illinois Eye Examination Form
- Proof of Dental Exam Form