Our Food Philosophy
We are passionate about food and we believe in wholesome, nutritious ingredients. That is why we are committed to using items healthier for both our bodies and the planet. By purchasing with the following standards in mind and preparing items so that they are as fresh as possible when served, we support local agriculture, increase nutrition, and intensify flavor.
- Writing menus that feature seasonal and regionally available ingredients.
- Offering a variety of whole grain breads, pastas, and cereals.
- Never using artificial trans-fats for any items prepared in house.
- Offering a variety of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options.
- Never using MSG.
- Only serve proteins that are USDA certified.
- Purchasing sustainable seafood that follows the Marine Stewardship Council’s guidelines and recommendations.
- Offering organic, shade grown, fair trade, and rainforest alliance coffees and teas.
- Sourcing from local farmers and small producers, and by participating in year-round, community sourced agriculture (CSA) programs.
- Serving produce that is fresh, fresh frozen or packed in 100% juice or water.
- Sourcing milk that is local and free of added growth hormones.
- Accommodating nutritional and dietary requests.
Menus with CulinarySuite
CulinarySuite is a food management software solution that Quest uses to build and display menus. The software provides nutritional analysis and allergen tracking for all items we prepare, ensuring the health and safety of the school community.
We utilize programs that help us source from farmers and artisans within 250 miles of your school. These programs provide access to the highest-quality produce and specialty foods that we get to offer in our cafeterias.