Daniel Wright GIVES!
Leaders in Learning
Student Council Philanthropy Projects
- Empty Bowl Project: Student paint ceramic bowls and sell them at November parent-teacher conference. The money is donated to Feed My Starving Children.
- Vernon Township Sponsor-a-Family: We sponsor 2-3 families around the holidays who are part of the Vernon Township. With the money raised from DW After Dark, we buy all of their holiday gifts on their wish list and wrap them.
- Feed My Starving Children: Students will attend a packaging session at FMSC and donate the money raised from the Empty Bowl Project.
- Bernie’s Book Bank: Students volunteer at Bernie’s Book Bank to prepare books to be given to children who do not have access to books.
- Loving Without Limits: Students collect donations during the spring parent-teacher conferences for care packages for mothers who have children in the hospital.
Wright Way Club
- We CAN Gobble Up Hunger: Canned food drive for Vernon Township Food Pantry
- Toys for Tots: The club collects unwrapped gifts to give to children during the holiday season
- Valentine's Day Hot Chocolate Fundraiser: The club raises money to support Orphans of the Storm Animal Shelter
- Blind Boxes: The club assembles care packages for patients undergoing chemotherapy run through the Lemons of Love organization
- Rafiki Bracelet Sale: This global fundraiser benefits Kenyan artisans
Other Philanthropic Projects
- Community Day: Band, chorus, and orchestra perform for local residents