Purpose of the Activity
The student-athletes will develop individual soccer skills while learning about team strategy. The students will also participate in competitive games against other Stevenson feeder schools.
Tryouts begin after school soon after school gets underway in August and may run two-three days depending on how many students try out. If possible, bring a ball, water bottle, shin guards and cleats to practice.
The following documents must be on file with the coach to participate:
- Current Sports Physical Form (Physicals for sports are valid for 395 days from the date of the examination)
- Permission to Participate Form
- Concussion Consent Form
- Consent Form for Athletic Handbook and Code of Conduct
Number of Participants
The boys team will have no more than 18 players.
Grade Level/s of Participants
The soccer team is available for seventh- and eighth-graders.
Meeting Schedule and Location
- Dates: Games begin in early September
- Time: 3:45 - 4:55 p.m.
- Days: Monday - Thursday; no Friday practices
- Game Time: After school as soon as both teams arrive on the field
- Practices: Daniel Wright soccer field
- Games: Daniel Wright and feeder schools
Student Attendance Guidelines
Student-athletes should try attend as many practices as possible.
Specific Rules or Guidelines
Daniel Wright follows Patriot league guidelines.
Fundraising Plan if Applicable (Board policy 7:325)
- Doug Steffens, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maggie Linforth , email@example.com