Purpose of the Activity
Cross Country is a discipline of long distance running. Students who participate will work on speed and endurance through various conditioning practices. Runners will work towards improvement through practices and meets. Cross Country is a competitive sport.
Cross country is open to all interested DW students. Once students register on the RevTrak Web Store their information will be shared with coaches who will then invite them into the Cross Country Google Classroom.
The following documents must be on file with the coach to participate:
- Current Sports Physical Form (Physicals for sports are valid for 395 days from the date of the examination)
- Permission to Participate Form
- Concussion Consent Form
- Consent Form for Athletic Handbook and Code of Conduct
Number of Participants
There is no limit to the number of participants.
Grade Level/s of Participants
Cross Country is open to all students in grades 6-8.
Meeting Schedule and Location
- Dates: Fall
- Days: Monday - Thursday; no Friday practices
- Time: 3:45 - 4:45 p.m.
- Game Time: After school, as soon as both teams arrive on the field
- Practices: Daniel Wright
- Meets: North Park and feeder schools
Student Attendance Guidelines
Student-athletes should try to attend as many practices as possible.
Specific Rules or Guidelines
Daniel Wright follows Patriot league guidelines.