Purpose of the Activity
- Develop the basketball players offensive and defensive skills with daily drills.
- Explore basketball concepts such as offensive and defensive team and individual strategies.
- Provide feedback from the experienced Daniel Wright Coaching Staff.
Students in Grades 6-8 are invited to tryout.
The following documents must be on file with the coach to participate:
- Current Sports Physical Form (Physicals for sports are valid for 395 days from the date of the examination)
- Permission to Participate Form
- Concussion Consent Form
- Consent Form for Athletic Handbook and Code of Conduct
Number of Participants
Students in grades 6-8 are welcome to join the team.
Grade Level/s of Participants
The basketball team is open to sixth-, seventh- and eighth-graders.
Meeting Schedule and Location
- Dates: August through October
- Practices: 3:45 - 5:00 p.m.
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Game Time: After school as soon as both teams arrive on the field
- Practices: Daniel Wright gymnasium
- Games: Daniel Wright and feeder schools
Student Attendance Guidelines
Student-athletes should try to attend as many practices as possible.
Specific Rules or Guidelines
Daniel Wright follows Patriot league guidelines.
Once students register on the RevTrak Web Store their information will be shared with coaches who will then invite them into the Girls Basketball Google Classroom.
Fundraising Plan if Applicable (Board policy 7:325)
- Tony Hafner, email@example.com
- Anna Healy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Justin Joneikis, email@example.com
- John Heureux, firstname.lastname@example.org