Eighth-Grade TeamThe following numbers are the players who made the 8th-grade basketball teams.
3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
- A & B teams will be decided at a later date.
Eighth-grade boys practice begins after school on Friday, October 27.
There will be a Parent Meeting on Wednesday, November 1, at 5 p.m. Meet in the Green Gym.
The following numbers are the players who made the 7th-grade basketball teams.2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25
- Seventh-grade boys practice begins after school on Friday, October 27.
- There will be a Parent Meeting on Wednesday, November 1, at 5 p.m. Meet in the Green Gym.
Purpose of the Activity
- Develop the basketball players offensive and defensive skills with daily drills.
- Explore basketball concepts such as offensive and defensive team and individual strategies.
- Provide feedback from the experienced Daniel Wright Coaching Staff.
- Compete in the Patriot Middle School Conference Season.
Tryouts will take place in October. Information about tryouts will be made in the Daily Announcements and during PE classes.
Players will be evaluated on fundamental skills, court awareness (offensive/defensive), teamwork, and sportsmanship.
The following documents must be on file with the coach to participate:
- Current Sports Physical Form (Physicals for sports are valid for 395 days from the date of the examination)
- Permission to Participate Form
- Concussion Consent Form
- Consent Form for Athletic Handbook and Code of Conduct
Number of Participants
Grade Level/s of Participants
The Basketball Team is open to seventh- and eighth-graders.
Meeting Schedule and Location
- Dates: Mid-October to Mid-December
- Times: 3:45 to 5 p.m.
- Days: Monday - Friday
Student Attendance Guidelines
We do try to be flexible for other student activities, but players are expected to participate in most practices and games.
Specific Rules or Guidelines
- Daniel Wright follows Patriot league guidelines.
- Once students register on the RevTrak Web Store their information will be shared with coaches who will then invite them into the Boys Basketball Google Classroom.
Fundraising Plan if Applicable (Board policy 7:325)
- Tony Hafner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Jerzyk, email@example.com
- Justin Joneikis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin Ballardini, email@example.com