Purpose of the Activity
The student-athletes will develop individual soccer skills while learning about team strategy. The students will also participate in intra-team scrimmages.
Tryouts begin right after school gets underway in August and may run two to three days depending on how many students tryout. If possible, bring a ball, water bottle, shin guards, and cleats to tryouts
The following documents must be on file with the coach to participate:
- Current Sports Physical Form (Physicals for sports are valid for 395 days from the date of the examination)
- Permission to Participate Form
- Concussion Consent Form
- Consent Form for Athletic Handbook and Code of Conduct
Number of Participants
The soccer team is limited to 18 players.
Grade Level/s of Participants
The Soccer Team is open to sixth-, seventh- and eighth-graders.
Meeting Schedule and Location
- Practices: Monday through Thursday (There are no Friday practices)
- Time: 3:45-4:55 p.m.
- Location: Daniel Wright soccer field and participating feeder schools
Student Attendance Guidelines
Student-athletes should try to attend as many practices as possible.
Specific Rules or Guidelines
- Daniel Wright follows Patriot league guidelines.
Fundraising Plan if Applicable (Board policy 7:325)
Maggie Patel, email@example.com