Purpose of the Activity
The purpose of the team is to explore a variety of math problems and have an opportunity to participate in math competitions.
Number of Participants
Registration is limited to the first 30 students for the sixth-grade Math Team and the first 60 students for 7/8 Math Team.
Grade Level/s of Participants
The club is open to sixth-, seventh- and eighth-graders.
Meeting Schedule and Location
- Season: October through March
- Meeting Day: Monday
- Time: 3:45 p.m.
- Location: To Be Determined
We are registered to participate in contests from the following organizations:
- Continental Math League (monthly)
- Math Olympiad (monthly)
- Illinois Math League (February)
- AMC 10 (November)
- AMC 8 (January)
- MATHCOUNTS (February)
Student Attendance Guidelines
Participation in contests will impact MATHCOUNTS selection.
Specific Rules or Guidelines
Fundraising Plan if Applicable (Board policy 7:325)
- Kirsten Frantom, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christine Namkung, email@example.com
- Katie Fender, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe Sarmiento, email@example.com