Purpose of the Activity
Develop the volleyball players offensive and defensive skills with daily drills
- Explore volleyball concepts such as offensive and defensive team and individual strategies
- Provide feedback from experienced Daniel Wright Coaching Staff
- Prepare athletes for competition
Tryouts take place in January. No volleyball on Friday.
The following documents must be on file with the coach to participate:
- Current Sports Physical Form (Physicals for sports are valid for 395 days from the date of the examination)
- Permission to Participate Form
- Concussion Consent Form
- Consent Form for Athletic Handbook and Code of Conduct
Number of Participants
There is a limit on the number of participants.
Grade Level/s of Participants
Volleyball is open to students in seventh- and eighth-grade.
Meeting Schedule and Location
- Dates: Winter Sport
- Time: 3:45 - 4:55 p.m.
- Days: Monday - Thursday; no Friday practices
- Game Time: After school as soon as both teams arrive on the field
- Practices: Daniel Wright gym
- Games: Daniel Wright and feeder schools
Student Attendance Guidelines
Students are expected to participate in daily training sessions.
Specific Rules or Guidelines
Coaching staff will have a Google Classroom accessible to all volleyball team members.
Fundraising Plan if Applicable (Board policy 7:325)
- Kevin Ballardini, email@example.com
- Sheila Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alissa Lyman, email@example.com
- Justin Joneikis, firstname.lastname@example.org