Track & Field
Purpose of the Activity
Each practice, or training session, will begin with instruction on individual skill development such as proper running form, hurdles, high jump, discus, shot put, and relays. This time will also allow the team to communicate with each other in order to develop team comradery before the lesson/skill instruction. There will be internal team competitions on various track and field events. The coaches will provide personalized feedback to ensure player and team development.
There are no tryouts Track and Field is open to all DW students.
The following documents must be on file with the coach to participate:
- Current Sports Physical Form (Physicals for sports are valid for 395 days from the date of the examination)
- Permission to Participate Form
- Concussion Consent Form
- Consent Form for Athletic Handbook and Code of Conduct
Number of Participants
There is no limit to the number of participants.
Grade Level/s of Participants
Track and Field is open to all students in grades 6-8.
Meeting Schedule and Location
- Dates: Spring
- Days: Monday - Thursday; no Friday practices beginning after Spring Break
- Time: 3:45 - 4:30 p.m.
- Meet Time: After school as soon as both teams arrive on the field
- Daniel Wright
- Feeder schools
Student Attendance Guidelines
Student-athletes should try to attend as many practices as possible.
Specific Rules or Guidelines
Daniel Wright follows Patriot league guidelines.