As a public school district, Lincolnshire District 103 accepts Federal monies that are used to provide reading and math support to identified students. Guardians, school staff, and the students will share in the responsibility for improved student academic achievement.
District 103 will:
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State’s academic achievement standards.
- Hold teacher conferences (at least annually in elementary schools) during which this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement.
- Provide guardians with frequent reports on their children’s progress.
- Provide guardians reasonable access to staff.
- Provide guardians opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class and to observe classroom activities.
District 103 Guardians will:
- Provide an optimal environment for homework completion.
- Monitor amount of student screen time (computer, iPad, television, etc.) and cell phone use.
- Participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my child’s education.
- Promote positive use of my child’s extracurricular time.
- Stay informed about my child’s education by communicating with the school and reading communications from the school or the school district.
District 103 students will:
- Try my best at school while completing my homework.
- Be responsible for giving my guardians information from my teachers/school.