Purpose of the Activity
Show Choir is an auditioned vocal ensemble that performs at school concerts, community events, and contests. Show Choir focuses on learning advanced repertoire including a cappella pop, jazz, swing, and musical theatre featuring intricately harmonized vocals with choreography.
If you love to sing and dance, this is the group for you! Show Choir provides a great opportunity to express yourself artistically and to be part of a positively challenging team environment.
Membership in chorus is required to audition for Show Choir. (Chorus is always welcoming new members!)
Chorus students in grades 6, 7, and 8 are invited to audition.
Number of Participants
The ensemble is traditionally around 20–25 students, but the group size can be flexible depending on the number of students that meet the selective criteria. In other words, students are judged against a standard, not a quota.
Meeting Schedule and Location
- Meeting Day: Tuesdays
- Practices: 5:10 to 6:30 p.m. (immediately following chorus rehearsal)
- Location: Room 125 (Band Room, in the CAPE hallway)
- October - Community Day Concert
- November - Veterans Day event during the school day
- December - Lincolnshire Tree Lighting
- December - "Sounds of the Season" field trip during the school day to senior homes
- March - IGSMA Contest (date will be announced by mid-February)
- March - Concert
- May - Possible performances at Spring Concert, Graduation, and/or Lincolnshire Memorial Day ceremony
Student Attendance Guidelines
Commitment to good attendance is crucial for the ensemble to succeed. We are a team and rely on each member to sound our best! If you must be absent from rehearsal for any reason, you must notify me via our Conflict Request Form.
Specific Rules or Guidelines
Once our roster is established, Mr. Clark will share the Show Choir website with you.
Fundraising Plan if Applicable (Board policy 7:325)
To participate in the program, families must pay a participation fee using the RevTrak Web Store.
Students are also expected to purchase a performance shirt.
The following extensions of the DW Choirs program have associated costs. These are optional, separate activities.
- Solo and Ensemble
- Elective Field Trips