The Lake County Regional Office of Education, in partnership with ReferralGPS, has launched a free web-based mental health service, linking families and employees to therapists and counselors in the community. The service compliments the district's existing systems of support as a tool for student service teams and families to connect with treatment. Along with a searchable database of treatment options, ReferralGPS provides Care Navigation to assist families in triage, appointment setting, and follow up care.The partnership with ReferralGPS will expand access to mental health services and reinforce ROE’s commitment to the well-being of students, their families, and educators. This is the first countywide initiative in the State of Illinois provided to all school districts in their local county.Please visit the ReferralGPS website for information about the services provided.
District 103 has contracted with ReferralGPS, an organization that enables families to use a searchable database of local mental health and substance abuse-related treatment resources. ReferralGPS:
- Provides Care Navigation to assist families in researching and obtaining an appointment.
- Can be accessed by District 103 staff and families at no cost.
- Is completely confidential and securely stored.
- Is an optional resource that families are not required to access.
- Filters information based on a mental health concern, clinician gender/specialty, location, and insurance acceptance.
- Is available for all types of private and public insurance options, including PPO, HMO, Medicaid.
- Provides options for families who are uninsured or underinsured.