As our world grows increasingly smaller, and our opportunities for learning evolve, we want to provide our students and teachers with resources they can leverage to become aware, contributing members of our community and our world. By working with all school stakeholders (faculty/staff and families), we strive to create real-world, technology-rich settings that enhance the integration of robust and adaptive tools across District curricula.
1:1 Teaching and Learning ensures District 103 students are experiencing the high-quality education they need to be successful in our ever-changing, digital society. 1:1 Teaching and Learning in grades 1-8 provides our teachers and students with enhanced learning experiences through increased student collaboration, creativity, and communication. For additional information on 1:1 Teaching and Learning, please visit our Technology Portal.
1:1 Teaching & Learning Goals and Objectives
Our 1:1 program is designed to enhance learning by:
- Leveraging existing and emerging technology for individualizing instruction
- Promoting and strengthening collaboration
- Increasing student engagement
- Fostering creativity and the communication necessary to future success
- Providing access to a broad spectrum of informational resources
- Promoting student choice
- Increasing critical thinking
- Empowering students to reason and critically analyze subject matter
- Provide our students with a relevant, technology-rich learning environment, including both hardware and software, designed to prepare them for their present learning environment, their academic futures and the world in which they live.
- Create and support a technology environment for Lincolnshire-Prairie View SD103 that supports the efforts of the students, faculty, staff and community.
- Support the professional technology needs of the Faculty and Staff through targeted Professional Development while informing them of the most up-to-date practices in educational technology, to help keep them current and their technology instructional initiatives relevant.
- Make educational technology purchase decisions rooted in the awareness of the fiscal responsibility of Lincolnshire-Prairie View SD103.
- Be a leader and innovator among the Stevenson Township feeder districts in our development of technology initiatives that support real-world collaboration and learning among our Students and Faculty.
- Make technology recommendations that keep The District compliant with all relevant Educational Technology Standards (ISTE/AASL): ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), CIPA (Children’s Internet Protection Act), COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection), PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers), FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).