Daniel Wright Construction Project 2019-2020
For the past year and a half, the District has been planning a construction project at Daniel Wright Jr. High School to accommodate our growing population and needed infrastructure improvements. The Daniel Wright $8 million project will begin in February/March of 2020 and be completed for the opening of school on Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2020.
The project calls for:
- 1,800 square foot classroom addition
- New Science Technology Engineering Math (STEM) lab
- Library Learning Center upgrades
- Updated Family & Consumer Sciences Room
- Refresh to hallways to improve circulation
- Improved secure school entrance
- Improved fire suppression system
The school expansion project for students in grades six through eight takes into account enrollment growth projected at 757 students by the 2023-24 school year. Funding for the school comes from the District 103 cash reserves. Renderings of the project can be found on our district website.
The Board of Education will continue the discussion of the improvement project at the December 3, 2019 Committee of the Whole meeting. We look forward to these improvements at Daniel Wright that will enhance the learning environment for our students!