Remote Learning Introduction
Under the auspices of the State of Illinois and in accordance with Governor Pritzker's declaration, all Illinois schools are closed. School districts have been directed to provide Remote Learning to students. District 103 knows that there is no replacement for teacher contact time with students in the classroom. Through remote learning, we know the learning experience will be very different and will require a strong school and home partnership. This will require the full cooperation of students, teachers and parents to make this instruction meaningful.
Remote Learning Plan
Remote Learning provides the opportunity for educational experiences, aligned to grade-level curriculum, to be facilitated through technology and other means during school closures. This remote learning document contains procedural information for the use of Remote Learning Days in Lincolnshire-Prairie View School District 103 including general and special education expectations and communication procedures.
Remote Learning Schedule
- Assignments are sent for each core content area daily
- Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8-10 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. Office hours on Friday are from 8-10 a.m. Certified Staff members will spend the afternoon working collaboratively with team members, creating and providing feedback on learning activities.
Content Selection/Prioritization by Grade Level
- Grades EC-5: Academic and social engagement activities will focus on previously covered content.
- Grades 6-8: Priority will be given to subject area skills that will be required for the next year
Holidays During Remote Learning
We understand students will be practicing their faith during the Remote Learning Days. If Remote Learning activities will conflict with your child’s participation in their religious activities, please contact your child’s teacher so accommodations can be made. Assignments will be due 5 days after they are assigned due to religious reasons.
Grading Student Work
- Emphasis will be on learning for schoolwork assigned, reviewed, and completed during the remote learning period
- A student’s grades cannot be lowered as a result of Remote Learning activities.
Minutes of Student Work per Day
New guidance from ISBE detailed minimum and maximum time allocations by grade level. The staff survey results supported using the maximum time allocations