Welcome to Transportation Services
The Office of Transportation Services is a team of over 30 individuals dedicated to serving the transportation needs of all District 103 students. Our commitment is, "to provide safe, timely, and efficient transportation services to our student learners."
District 103 buses all its students to and from school on a daily basis. The district operates and maintains a fleet of 33 buses and 3 vans that travel the district's nearly 12-mile radius.
We are dedicated to transporting students in a safe and timely manner which will enable all students to arrive safely, ready to learn, at school every morning and will enable all students to arrive home safely every afternoon.
Ensuring Student Safety
Here at D103, we use 4 simple bus expectations:
1. Remain Seated at All Times
2. No Food or Drink (water is allowed)
3. Be Safe (stay safe on the school bus by keeping hands/body parts inside the bus, no pushing. At the bus stop, there is no horseplay. Arrive at least 5 minutes early. If you have to cross the street, ALWAYS cross in front of the bus. Look both ways before crossing the street.)
4. Be Nice (use kind words, keep hands and feet to self, no bullying)
Parents are encouraged to have conversations with their children regarding safety when riding the bus, walking, or biking to school.
Each student must be aware of the area surrounding the school bus called the Danger Zone. The Danger Zone is the area extending ten feet in all directions from the school bus in which serious student injuries and deaths occur. When the student boards or leaves the school bus, he/she should cross only in front of the bus at the driver's signal.
Students should take 10 giant steps away from the bus. The school bus has a yellow crossing gate that extends away from the front of the bus and into the bus driver's line of sight.
- Always look both ways before crossing the street.
- If you drop something near the bus DO NOT go after it. You should tell your bus driver immediately!
- Do not horseplay at the bus stop.
- Arrive at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- Never run after the bus.
- Once inside the bus, go directly to your seat and sit down.
- You may talk inside the bus, but remember to use your inside voice.
- At railroad crossings, you should be silent so the bus driver can listen for an oncoming train.
- Do not push or shove when getting on or off the bus.
- Always use the handrail.
Office of Transportation Services
111 Barclay Boulevard, Ste. 100
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Fleet Operations Center
1370 Riverwoods Road
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Other than for deliveries, for your safety, visitors are not permitted at our Fleet Operations Center.
Contact District Dispatch: (847) 295-8258
Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org **Please do not use this email address to request a change in transportation. Please use the links on the left-side navigation bar.