Welcome to the District 103 Transportation Department
The Office of Transportation Services is a team of over 28 individuals dedicated to serving the transportation needs of all District 103 students. Our commitment is, "to provide safe, timely, and efficient transportation services to our student learners."
District 103 buses all its students to and from school on a daily bases. The district operates and maintains a fleet of 30 buses that travel the district's nearly 12 mile radius.
We are dedicated to transporting students in a safe and timely manner which will enable all students to arrive safely, ready to learn, at school every morning and will enable all students to arrive home safely every afternoon.
2019 - 2020 Bus Routes
Bus routes for the new school year will be available beginning the afternoon of Friday, August 9.
Ensuring Student Safety
Parents are encouraged to have conversations with their children regarding safety when riding the bus, walking or biking to school.
Each student must be aware of the area surrounding the school bus called the Danger Zone. The Danger Zone is the area extending ten feet in all directions from the school bus in which serious student injuries and deaths occur. When the student boards or leaves the school bus, he/she should cross only in front of the bus at the driver's signal.
Students should take 10 giant steps away from the bus. The school bus has a yellow crossing gate that extends away from the front of the bus and ino the bus driver's line of sight.
- Always look both ways before crossing the street.
- If you drop something near the bus DO NOT go after it. You should tell your bus driver immediately!
- Do not horseplay at the bus stop.
- Arrive at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- Never run after the bus.
- Once inside the bus, go directly to your seat and sit down.
- You may talk inside the bus, but remember to use your inside voice.
- At railroad crossings, you should be silent so the bus driver can listen for an oncoming train.
- Do not push or shove when getting on or off the bus.
- Always use the handrail.