Lincolnshire–Prairie View School District 103 is a nationally recognized, award-winning elementary district located in Lake County, IL. It is considered to have some of the best schools in Lake County. District 103 is a blue ribbon school district. The school district serves approximately 1,821 students in grades early childhood through eighth from the communities of Lincolnshire and Prairie View and portions of Buffalo Grove, Vernon Hills, Mettawa, Riverwoods and Lake Forest. Students attend Laura B. Sprague, Half Day and Daniel Wright Junior High Schools.
The District includes three schools located in Lincolnshire, IL.
- Children in early childhood through grade 2 attend Laura B. Sprague School
- Children in grades 3–5 attend Half Day School
- Students in grades 6–8 attend Daniel Wright Junior High School
Awards & Recognition
- U.S. Department of Education: Each of our three schools has received national recognition for excellence in education as a Blue Ribbon School.
- National Board Certification®: Thirteen District 103 staff members have achieved the prestigious recognition from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- Academic Excellence Awards: District 103 schools have received this distinction as Illinois Honor Roll Schools.
- Golden Apple Awards: Two teachers have been honored as Golden Apple Award winners. One retired principal received the Stanley C. Golder Leadership Award honoring exemplary performance.
- Symetra Heroes in the Classroom: Three teachers across our district have been recognized with this award for outstanding leadership and instructional skills.
- Financial Recognition: District 103 has earned the Financial Recognition Award, the highest possible, from the State of Illinois for 14 consecutive years. D103 has been upgraded to a Moody's Credit Rating of Aa1 and an S&P Global Rating of AAA.