Subscribe to Board News
To subscribe to receive Board News, click on the RSS icon to the right and select the Board News option.
Lincolnshire-Prairie View School District 103 is joining communities throughout the state to say "thank you" to local school board members on Nov. 15, 2018. Our seven board members share the vision of educational leadership in D103.
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education on November 13, 2018, District 103 will publicly recognized the efforts of its Board members and show appreciation for their dedicated service to its students and community. Please join District 103 in thanking the Board of Education:
- Anne van Gerven, President, resides in Lincolnshire, serving since 2013
- Kate Harper, Vice President, resides in Lincolnshire, serving since 2013
- Chris Curtis, Board Member, resides in Lincolnshire, serving since 2007
- Malathy Dwaraknath, Board Member, resides in Vernon Hills, serving since 2015
- Marissa Grossenbach, Board Member, resides in Lincolnshire, serving since 2017
- Michael Odongo, Board Member, resides in Buffalo Grove, serving since 2017
- Liang Yang, Board Member, resides in Vernon Hills, serving since 2017
The date is officially designated each year as School Board Members Day in Illinois to recognize these public servants for their commitment and contributions to our public schools.
"Board of Education members are volunteers who take the lead on tough decisions which must be made on significant issues that affect not only our school, but the entire community. Their choices impact many aspects of our daily lives, and the service they provide allows the District 103 community to grow and thrive," said Dr. Scott Warren, District 103 Superintendent.
As community trustees for School District 103, the Board of Education members have oversight for an annual budget of more than $30 million; over 1800 students in Early Childhood through eighth grade; over 300 employees; and three school buildings.
"Board members give up their personal and family time because they understand the importance of local governance in our educational system. They sacrifice a great deal to ensure students have a high quality educational system that prepares them for success in college and careers, and to become leaders in the 21st Century," Dr. Warren said.