As a community of Leaders in Learning, District 103 is searching for qualified candidates for our pool of substitutes and teacher associates/paraprofessionals.
- Are you interested or have a friend or relative who might be?
- As a substitute teacher or teaching associate/paraprofessional, you can earn extra money while your children are in school or tune your skills to re-enter the workforce.
Requirements are easy!
- Substitute teachers must hold a valid Illinois Substitute Teaching License OR Professional Educator License (PEL).
- Associates/paraprofessionals must hold a valid Illinois Educator License with Stipulations (ELS) with a Paraprofessional Educator or a Substitute License.
Substitute Teaching License Requirements
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Valid for substitute teaching in all grades of the public schools, prekindergarten through grade 12.
Notes: Substitute licenses are valid for 5 years, and may be renewed if the individual passes an approved Illinois test of basic skills. An individual who has passed an IL test of basic skills will not be required to retake the test for subsequent renewals.
Educator License with Stipulations (ELS): Endorsed as a Paraprofessional Educator Requirements
- Be at least 20 years of age; and
- Show proof of one (1) of the following requirements:
- Associate's degree or higher; or
- 60 semester hours of coursework; or
- High School Diploma or GED and a score of 460 or higher on the ETS ParaPro test; or
- High School Diploma or GED and the following scores on the ACT Work Keys test
- Applied Mathematics — 4
- Reading for Information — 4
- Writing or Business Writing — 3
Note: District 103 places a high priority on hiring individuals with a bachelor's degree
Steps to apply for a Substitute Teacher License or Educator License with Stipulations (associate/paraprofessional)
- Submit an application online in the Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS).
- A $100 fee will be assessed electronically when the application is submitted (please have a credit card available).
- Send an *official* transcript.
- By secure e-mail directly from the institution to the Lake County Regional Office of Education to Cayce Wright: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail:
Lake County Regional Office of Education
Educator Licensure/Cayce Wright
800 Lancer Lane, Suite E128
Grayslake, IL 60030
Note: To be official, transcripts must be submitted in the sealed envelope from the college or university or be sent directly by the institution via a secure method. Transcripts received that are not in a sealed envelope from the university or sent directly from the university will be considered unofficial and cannot be used for evaluation purposes.
Apply for District 103 substitute teacher and associate/paraprofessional positions online!
Note: District 103 will review all applications for consideration, and our Human Resources Department will contact you.
Questions? Please contact Carey Murphy, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!