Welcome to Student Services in District 103!
- Public Meeting, 5/23/18 (pdf)
What is Student Services?
The Student Services office administers the district's special education programs, and District 103 offers a full continuum of services for children ages 3 to 15 years, representing grades Pre-K through 8th.
Special Education includes those instructional programs, related services, and specialized materials and equipment that are required to help children with exceptional learning characteristics benefit from their educational program. Children require special education when their educational performance is adversely affected by their exceptional learning characteristics.
The goals for children receiving special education are exactly the same as the goals for children in the regular program. However, because of the nature of their special needs, these children may require related services, different teaching methods, materials, or equipment, and in some instances, a special class or school.
We are required by state and federal law to provide an appropriate education for all children with special needs; however, District 103 takes pride in our special education programs and services because we believe that all children have a right to an education which meets their specific needs.
Special Education Services
District 103 supports a full continuum of special education services to meet the needs of students through nine distinct components of service.
- Early Childhood Program (Itinerant Services; Blended Classroom; Self-Contained/Extended Day)
- Resource Program (Specific Skill Development; Curricular Support)
- Itinerant Supports (Speech Language; Hearing; Vision)
- Direct Instruction Classes (English Language Arts, Math)
- Intensive Instructional Program
- Guided Program
- Therapeutic Day School/Residential Placement
- Home/Hospital Programming
- Related Services
District 103 provides related services recommended by the Individual Education Plan (IEP) Team including but not limited to:
- Adapted Physical Education (APE)
- Aide (1:1 and Classroom)
- Assistive Technology
- Consultative Services (Private Placement)
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Psychological Services
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Social Work/Counseling
- School Health Services
- Behavior Intervention Plans
For More Information
For further information or to receive a brochure outlining provision of services and programs, parental involvement, Section 504, the Americans with Disabilities Act, etc., please contact us at (847) 295-4030, 8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.
- Director of Student Services, Dr. Gina Finaldi
- Administrative Assistant, Mary Burks