1:1 Teaching & Learning
We understand the rapid pace of change in today’s technology, and we are committed to supporting our families as our students integrate technology with daily learning activities. We are working to navigate the related challenges together. Please use these resources to familiarize yourself with the ways our students are extending their learning through increased student collaboration, creativity, and communication while increasing their engagement in academic learning experiences: the 1:1 Teaching and Learning Initiative in School District 103.
1:1 Technology Portal
The District 103 Technology Portal provides information pertaining to our 1:1 Teaching & Learning program. It includes the following information:
- Instructional Technology Vision, Philosophy, Goals & Objectives
- 1:1 Parent Handbook, app lists, Digital Citizenship curriculum, program timeline and Q&A
- Future Ready District goals, student work and Technology Department contacts
1:1 Parent Handbook
The 1:1 Teaching & Learning Parent Handbook has been reformatted for 2017-2018 to more closely reflect the Technology Department's philosophy, program goals, participation options, and classroom apps. It also includes a section with Frequently Asked Questions!
Background on 1:1 Teaching & Learning
LAURA B. SPRAGUE SCHOOL
1:1 Teaching & Learning Experiences, November 2015
HALF DAY SCHOOL
The iPad Experience: Parent Presentation, Fall 2015
Report to the Board of Education, February 2015
Our most recent list of device participation options can be found on this Google doc.
With the support of an expert consultant in the field of Digital Media and Technology, District 103 has developed procedures and policies for a 1:1 Teaching & Learning environment. These procedures are based on:
- Best practices in teaching digital citizenship
- Integrating digital tools with instruction
- Role playing various classroom situations and discussing guidelines
- The integration of technology in today's society at large
Using the Common Sense Media Curriculum, student lessons were developed at each grade level to support the expectations of being a good citizen while online and when using technology in the classroom and at home.