Registration for Winter After School Activity courses at DW opens at 8 p.m. Friday, November 12, and closes at 8 p.m. Friday, December 10, or until filled. Please use the RevTrak Web Store platform to register for all programs listed here. Programs do fill up and are offered on a first-come-first-serve basis. Classes begin after school the week of January 10 and run for about six weeks. Please visit the After School Activities website for detailed information about these clubs.
- Advanced Writing: On Wednesdays, eighth-graders will outline and write original fiction, rewrite dramatic works, and perform poetry.
- Anime: On Tuesdays, students in grades 6-8 will get introduced to new computer animation or movies.
- Art: ASA is closed and not taking any more students. On Tuesdays, students in grades 6-8 develop their creative skills and create original artwork.
- Chamber Orchestra: On Mondays, students in grades 6-8 will play chamber orchestra music and explore advanced music.
- Creative Writing: On Tuesdays, students in grades 6-7 explore short stories, poetry, and dramatic writing.
- Digital Audio Production: On Thursdays, students in grades 6-8 will record and edit music and podcasts using digital audio workstations.
- Fiber Arts: ASA is closed and not taking any more students. On Thursdays, students in grades 6-8 will learn to sew, quilt, knit, crochet, and more.
- STEAM: ASA is closed and not taking any more students. On Thursdays, students in grades 7-8 will expand their STEM knowledge by learning about various topics like physics, anatomy, genetics, and more.
- Vocal Solo and Ensemble Workshop: On Wednesdays, students in grades 6-8 who are currently enrolled in chorus will prepare for upcoming contests with instruction in selecting appropriate literature, working on practice habits, considering performance techniques, and overcoming performance anxiety.
- Wilderness Adventure Skills: On Fridays, students in grades 6-8 will learn how to plan an adventure in the 'backcountry' learning about backpacking, hiking, and more.
Please visit the extracurricular website to learn more about these activities and to reach out to activity sponsors.