Meet the Teacher
Half Day teachers are excited to meet students on Monday, Aug. 19. The first day of school is Tuesday, Aug. 20. Hours are 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
To ensure that everyone can ease into the school with little difficulty, we are asking parents to take advantage of off-site parking with shuttle service and adhere to the following visitation schedule.
- Last Names N–Z: 7:30 to 8:00 a.m.
- Last Names A–M: 8:15 to 8:45 a.m.
Parents, please be aware that parking will be extremely restricted at Half Day, at the library, and at the nearby retail areas on Monday morning, August 19.
- As a service to our families, we have arrangements with a local business partner on Barclay Boulevard that is offering free parking at 111 Barclay Boulevard, Lincolnshire, slightly southwest of the school (south of Half Day Road and east of Staybridge Suites).
- From that location District 103 will provide a shuttle that will run every five to 10 minutes, from 7:25 a.m.- 9:00 a.m., to transport families to Half Day School with return service to the parking lot on Barclay Boulevard. Shuttle pick up at 111 Barclay Boulevard will be outside at the main entrance of the front of the building.
- We are also providing you with a parking map surrounding Half Day School that outlines where parents may park at the library and in the church parking lot.
- In addition, in an effort to maintain a collaborative neighborhood relationship with surrounding businesses, we ask that you respectfully park and adhere to the parking regulations in each designated lot.
- If the above times don't work, students will have time on the first day of school to pick up their supplies (if ordered) and unpack their supplies. Additionally, parents will have the opportunity to meet their child’s teacher during grade level curriculum nights.