Hot Lunch Changes
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to complete the food service survey. Your feedback is valuable to us as we want the lunch program to be the best it can be for everyone.
Here are the results of the survey and our follow up based on the comments:
- Based on a majority of parent feedback on the recent Quest survey, we will be switching back to the previous system of buying meals (and à la carte items for Half Day) on the same day a student eats them.
- We will return to last year's system where parents load money into their children's MySchoolBucks account and students' meals are drawn off of the account balance.
- These changes will go into place after winter break beginning Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2020.
- Information on how the process of this change will go into effect will be sent to parents after the Thanksgiving break.
- The USDA regulations are 1/2 cup of fruit, 3/4 cup of vegetables, 1 cup of grain, 2 ounces of protein, and 1 cup of milk.
- Quest's portion sizes are larger. We provide an unlimited fruit and vegetable bar in addition to 1/2 cup of hot vegetables, 3-5 ounces of protein, 1-2 cups of grain, and 1 cup of milk daily.
- Double portions are available for an additional charge.
- The food is held above required temperatures, however, we pre-plate multiple plates before every lunch to ensure students receive their food quickly and still have time to eat.
- After we transition back to the same-day meal system, we will offer premium entrees one to two times a month for an additional charge similar to our sushi days.
- There will be an additional choice at the regular price for those who do not want a premium entrée.
Students Not Receiving Meals:
- We assure you that our top priority is that all students are fed. When students ask for a meal, we provide one.
- In reverting to the previous system, all students will be able to choose their meals/à la carte items the same day and we will charge those items to the student's account.