Drop Off Pick Up Procedures
Morning Drop Off Procedures: Morning drop off begins at 8:40 a.m. The safety of our students is our top priority and your cooperation is greatly appreciated with the following safety procedures.
- PULL FORWARD: When dropping off, please pull forward as far as possible, and do not stop at the front door. There may not be cars behind you when you arrive, but a line can form quickly.
- EXIT CURBSIDE: All students should EXIT CURBSIDE for safety reasons. Cars can be passing through on your left as you are dropping off. If your student is unable to exit curbside, you should PARK in the parking lot and walk your child to the sidewalk in the front of the school.
- SIDEWALK: Students can safely exit the car curbside when you have reached the front sidewalk. Do not exit earlier.
- ENTRY: Third-grade students should enter the main entrance - Door A and walk straight to their classrooms. Fourth- and fifth-grade students should enter through Door B, also accessible by the front sidewalk, and walk straight to their classrooms.
Afternoon Pick Up Procedures: Pick up begins at 3:30 p.m.
- If you are picking up your child after school, please enter the front drive and join the carpool line by following the designated traffic flow pattern on the traffic flow diagram below.
- Please stay in your car for pickup and follow the direction of teachers and staff outside during this time.
- Please remember not to use your cell phone in our school zones; all cell phone use is prohibited while driving in a school zone.
- If you choose to park, please park in one of the school parking lots or across the street and cross at the crosswalk. If parking at the church, you must park in the paved lot only. Please do not park on the grass. Parking is also allowed at the Vernon Area Public Library.
Please review the traffic patters with this map of the school.